15 years of experience
2011 - CurrentSRDC Software Research & Development and Consultancy Corporation, Ankara, Turkey
Principal Solutions Architect, Senior Researcher
SRDC turned into a successful, R&D oriented tech company. Growing together with the company, I sharpened my skills by continuously learning from many challenging tasks. I acted as a senior software engineer, senior researcher and lately principal solution architect.
- I led technical and behavioral interviews with candidates, built development teams with hiring decisions and managed them to build products/services.
- I became an Apache committer by working on IKS project and Apache Stanbol.
- I gained business management, innovation and business execution related skills with the help of BIVEE.
- I built a product from scratch with mantIQ - Business Intelligence from idea creation to design, implementation, product branding and customer relations. I did lead multiple engineering teams to make it happen.
- I managed multiple teams to build the official Weather Forecast App & Services of Turkey. Millions of users are satisfied with the mobiles apps on iOS and Android where the distributed back-end services run smootly.
- I did research on intelligent data/metadata management and data interoperability, and developed the Semantic MDR EE.
- I gained an extensive domain knowledge on eHealth and I became an expert with the help of many R&D projects: SALUS, Medolution, FAIR4Health, AICCELERATE.
- I worked on machine learning, especialy federeated machine learning challenges with FAIR4Health and the Federated Machine Learning Architecture.
- I happily made my contributions open-source with onFHIR, Semantic MDR, Data Curation Tool, Data Privacy Tool.
2016 - 2020Department of Computer Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Here is a slide deck that I prepared for one lesson of Ceng 229 from Fall 2018:
2009 - 2011Department of Computer Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
During the 2 years (4 semesters) at the Department of Computer Engineering, I worked as a teaching assistant; lectured the laboratory sessions and recitations, and prepared and evaluated many programming assignments.
Here are two programming assignments that I prepared for the undergraduate students:
Here is the list of the courses that I worked for:
2010 - 2011Cengsoft, Ankara, Turkey
2009 - 2010AGMLab Information Technologies, Ankara, Turkey
While I was a teaching assistant at the Department of Computer Engineering, I worked as an academic R&D consultant to support AGMLab's international research project called SEMbySEM. I contributed to the arhictecture design and semantic modeling of large system services and their dynamic integration to support interoperability of services on the fly.
2007 - 2009Software Research Development Center, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Software Engineer, Researcher
After graduation, I started working as a full-time software engineer at SRDC. I had the chance of being a key member of the TestBATN project where I designed the API, developed its back-end and the web front-end so that the end-users can interact with the testing engine. I implemented various networking standards in the back-end, and developed a rich internet application with Adobe Flex (Apache Flex) which was very exciting back then 😉 I remember that after very long discussions, we even implemented our own version of WebSocket using Adobe Flash. My first full-time job was extremely educational and pragmatic for me.
2006 - 2007Software Research Development Center, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Part-time Software Developer
After successfully completing my summer practice at SRDC, I was offered a part-time job. I worked as a software developer to support the ongoing R&D projects which were mainly on service-oriented architectures, peer-to-peer communication and databases.